Making queer friends can be tricky. We all know that the bar scene isn’t for everyone, and making connections at queer events can be hit or miss. But fear not, because there are plenty of other ways to find your tribe! Here are five ways to make lesbian friends, with a little help from LESGO, the new LGBTQIA+ social networking app.
- LESGO App: Let’s start with the obvious – LESGO is a game-changer. With its ‘friends’ mode, you can skip the awkward small talk and get straight to finding queer friends who share your interests. Plus, with LESGO‘s verification system, you won’t have to worry about catfishes or trolls. Just download the app and start swiping!
- Join a Sports Team: Whether you’re into softball or soccer, joining a sports team is a great way to meet new people. Not only will you have a built-in group of friends, but you’ll also get to stay active and healthy.
- Volunteer: Volunteering is a great way to give back to your community while also meeting like-minded people. Whether you’re volunteering at a queer centre or an animal shelter, you’ll be surrounded by people who share your values. And who knows, maybe you’ll even find a cute queer volunteer to crush on? With LESGO‘s ‘friends’ mode, you can easily see who’s up for some spontaneous volunteering with you.
- Take a Class: Have you always wanted to learn how to salsa dance? Or maybe you’re interested in pottery? Taking a class is a fun way to learn something new while also meeting new people. And with LESGO‘s filters for interests, you can find and connect with other queer folks who share your hobbies.
- Attend a Queer Book Club: If you’re a bookworm, attending a queer book club is a great way to combine your love of literature with your desire to make new friends. Not only will you get to discuss great books with other queer folks, but you’ll also have the opportunity to socialise before and after the book club meeting. And with LESGO’s ‘dates’ mode, you can find queer bookworms who might be interested in going to the next meeting with you.
Making queer friends can be tough, but with LESGO and these other ideas, you’ll be surrounded by queer friends in no time. Happy queer friend-making!