Snap out it pal – you’ve got this…and if you don’t, the team here at a Modern Gay’s Guide have you covered! We’ve come up with 21 first date questions, ranging from the generic go-to’s through to the ‘I’ve got nothing left to say I’m in full-panic mode’ random conversation starters.
Click through for 21 non-lame AF first date questions!
Dating is harder than ever these days, with so many (terrible) dating apps, and the struggle of competing with your Instagram self, it’s not easy to win those first date scenarios..but we’re here to give you a fighting chance!
We’re gonna leave the “How was your day?”s and the “Get up to much over the weekend?” q’s up to you, and instead give you 21 easy questions to guide you through when the conversation gets stale.
PSA: Use these as a guide guys – slot them in naturally or we can guarantee there will not be a second date!
T H E L I S T
- What’s something that comes easier to you than it does for most?
- Do you like your job? What’s the biggest work perk?
- Are you a morning or a night person?
- Who do you live with?
- Are you close to your family?
- What’s the worst job you’ve ever had?
- Where’s the coolest place you’ve ever been?
- Do you have any bad habits?
- Do you have any first date horror stories?
- Do you know your Myers-Briggs type?
- What are your pet peeves?
- What’s your silliest fear?
- What city would you most like to live?
- If every job paid the same, what job would you do?
- What’s the most unbelievable thing that’s ever happened to you?
- How did you meet your best friend?
- Do you have any tattoos? What do they mean?
- Sweet tooth or savoury tooth?
- Ask them to give you two “truths” and a lie. Then try to guess which one is a lie.
- What is something you wish you did more of in your life and something you wish you did less of?
- Can I get you another drink?
THE SILVER LINING:If your date wasn’t exactly a success, don’t stress (they were foul anyway!), we’re soon to be launching a re-make on traditional speed dating – picture the same concept, though in a swanky little venue with wine (and lots of it!), a super fun host, carefully curated with boys around your age!
If that sounds like something you or your pals would be interested in (and like why wouldn’t you – it’s gonna be super cool), drop us a line in our contact form HERE. See you there pals!